Sunday, November 01, 2009

Sights and Signs in Mumbai

We went for a walk around my sister’s flat in Mumbai.

IMG_1325

The first was the strange one. Do not Spit and Drive slow? eh? what? i can spit if i drive fast? I guess this is an example of misplaced punctuation. heh. They dont want you to spit. And they want you to drive slow. The idea of having an ampersand in the middle really made me chuckle.

IMG_1326

Then this bewildered me. Presumably the Lake Home Management people dont want areas to be congested with parked cars. So if you do park your car, they will deflate the tyres? And so? the car will still be parked there!, how about towing it away? silly buggers.

IMG_1327

Ma is busy trying to get the coconut malai out of the “daab” :) it was really nice.

IMG_1328 IMG_1330

Here’s Baba and I with my little cute sister Guria.

DSCN0392 DSCN0393

It was Diwali and fireworks are a must.

IMG_1360

we could see the detritus of the fireworks on the pavement.

DSCN0373 DSCN0374

Some lights on the balcony, looked very nice and soothing.

No comments: