Wednesday, June 04, 2008

A stroll down Saville Row

I had to attend a dinner at Saville Row so for some horrible reason, decided to get off at Bond Street and walk it. Little knowing, that typically, the bloody weather turned horrible. Anyway, while walking, I spotted this street.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
 
Its called as Haunch of Venison Street. Here is a better picture. Something to do with another art gallery of the same name. Anyway, was chucking it down, so I hastened onwards to my destination.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
 
It was chucking down but still I noticed this on the left hand side of the road, how bizarre, only a wall left? and why?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And the other side wall of the adjoining building looks like its been covered with plastic sheeting and stapled to the wall!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
By the time I walked around, it was a facade, supported by steel frames and girders. Must be something extraordinary to save it, eh?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No, its just a bog standard facade, nothing extraordinary about it at all. How curious indeed. I am sure we will find out one day as to why this was done.
Technorati Tags: ,

No comments: