Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Virgin Loo’s

Well, I know, you guys will think I am absolutely bonkers. So I am. Anyway, I was flying back from India on Virgin and i noticed something very interesting in their loo, but more about that later. The loo itself was very nice so decided to take some pics.


So I enter the loo and what do I find?

Photobucket

Nicely arranged hand cream and stuff

Photobucket

And then my eyes fell on what it said, COW SHED is the brand name I guess and its called as COW PAT and the other one is called as DIRTY COW. Somebody has an interesting sense of humour. Want to get moisturised by a cowpat? heh.  

Photobucket

the lighting is good, very nightcluby…

Photobucket

yeah, you there, lady, with the perfume, give it a rest, will you?

Photobucket Photobucket 
 

the door with pretty much standard warnings.

Photobucket 


There was a damn toothpick in the ashtray. What on earth goes on in the damn loo’s, eh?

Photobucket

Its highlighted!, and interestingly enough, for the first time, the lid was actually surrounded by a rubber gasket so it smothered the rather whooshing sound that you can hear. First time I heard it, I was quite surprised, figured somebody has got sucked out or something.

Photobucket Photobucket

Even though smoking has been banned for a long period of time, I guess people still try to smoke in the loo’s. And what all to throw in the other bin.

Photobucket

Very polite.

Photobucket
And what’s with the direct translation? What does little tipple mean in Hindi, you twerps? And while I was writing this, I came across this news item about a related subject. I quote:

A Biman Bangladesh airlines flight from Dhaka to London was delayed by nearly 10 hours - because all five of the plane's toilets were blocked. Wing Commander Asaduzzaman, director of engineering at Biman, said most of the passengers on the flight had been Bangladeshis returning to London. "The flight was delayed because of the toilet jam," he told the BBC. "Passengers threw bottles, cups, tissue papers and female sanitary napkins into all five toilets of the Biman aircraft.

But go on:

The news came a day after reports that the United Nations had advised staff not to fly Biman because of concerns over safety and flight delays. The cash-strapped airline has been heavily criticised for its performance in recent years.

Well, shitty service then?


Here is the slideshow.

No comments: