Saturday, August 16, 2008

A review of the Kuala Lumpur Hilton Hotel

I stayed at the Kuala Lumpur Hilton hotel for the first time, it was a nice hotel, with a great room and great views so obviously had to drag out my trusted little camera to take some photographs. I was led to the top floor corner room, it was quite nice but the view was even nicer. Headed to the corner and into the loo peek out between the blinds.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
 
Looking down, and the candle was making the room smell very nice indeed.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
then I felt irritated by the blinds, after all, who on earth will be seeing me prance around shaving my philtum when I am 35 floors up? And yes, it does make a huge difference. Just imagine taking a bath and seeing this view? brilliant!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
a view of the bed

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
the entrance and the desk

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting 
 
the view from the desk

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
and from the room window

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
a bit closer

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
 
from the other side of the bed

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
and the window

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
hmmm, interesting loo.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
ok, this was very funny, the top is for, well, you can see the colour. While the pink is for wimmin, I guess. very nice imagery, lol

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
but the instructions were what were very funny.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
While going down to meet somebody, I was waiting for the lift in the 35th floor lift lobby. So took the following set of pictures in the evening time. The light wasn't as good but you can see, nice views over Kuala Lumpur.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
By the time I came back, it was was quite late and I took the opportunity to take the same views at a different time.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting 

 
On heading back inside the room, the view from the bathroom windows was as spectacular as before, but I noticed something interesting in the lower middle of the big mirror.
 
Can you see the little black rectangle?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
So I went to investigate. Its an LCD screen which shows what the TV is showing, brilliant idea, lol.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here's a close up of the screen, BBC Worldwide while you shave. Very nice idea, loved it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So given a choice between Traders Hotel where I stayed last time and this? Well, this Hilton is better. I was a bit surprised when this hotel was booked for me, Hilton's are usually not my cup of tea but she said this is recommended. Now I can see why it is recommended. Curiously, it was next to the Le Meridien. The two buildings share the same base and many other facilities, but the prices are quite different. If I get a chance, i will go stay there next time and then find out the differences.

I had a breakfast meeting at the Hotel Sudu restaurant after which I checked out. Breakfast in KL is just out of the world, the choice which you have is absolutely humongous. It had about 300 different choices of dishes which is bloody wrong, I tell you, so many choices and just so little time. And I was meeting a very intense young man as well. So I had to unfortunately concentrate on the discussion rather than the food. Bad news, what? 

Still, nice place, will try to go there again next time, comes well recommended :)

 

No comments: