Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Library Walk in NY #photography

This was my favourite walk in NY, a street with brass plaques on the pavement with quotes about books. Can i get an apartment here, mum? Its on East 41st Street between Fifth Avenue and Park Avenue and has tens of these amazing sidewalk plaques, some of which I photographed on both sides of the street.  I was walking while clicking so some didn't turn out that well.

Photobucket

Can you see the plaques on the sidewalk?

Photobucket

What a great place and what a lovely way to celebrate books.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Such a great place, Library Way. Gosh, i wish i lived nearby :) For all the photographs, check out the slideshow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My wife and I stumbled across this today while heading for the library and were thrilled by this unexpected treasure. As avid readers we were awed by this unexpected find which your photos have beautifully capture

I Must Be Off said...

Very very cool. I've been to NYC so many times and have never seen/done this. I'll be there at the end of Jan. Hope the sidewalks aren't covered with snow.