This is the fourth photo essay of our trip to the Windsor Castle. After visiting the St. George’s Chapel, we moved back and Diya was very interested to see the Doll’s House.
Its sign posted to go to the state apartments, dolls house, and and and.
Some more cannon are kept against the wall. The bell resting on 3 cannon balls was nicked from Mandalay in 1887. The cannon on the right is a French or a Portuguese cannon from the late 17th Century, again taken in Mandalay in 1886.
Indonesian Cannon captured from pirates..
The provenance of this giant stone ball seems to be a bit up in the air but this stone ball could well have been used to bombard British and Allied ships at Dardanelles by the Great Turkish Bombard. Frightful.
This gun was part of the HMS Lutine which was lost off the coast of Holland in 1799. The ship had a large treasure which was salvaged and this gun was also salvaged in 1886, presented to Queen Victoria.
There’s the panorama. Looking west over outer London.
We are now entering into the castle.
Queuing to get in to see the Dolls House (which is brilliant) and the state apartments, which are also brilliant but cannot take pics
Here is the slideshow with more photographs.