Monday, April 16, 2012

Feb 2012: A frozen pond

While coming back from a swimming session early in the morning, I spotted a frozen pond so pulled over to go see this lovely sight.

Photobucket

Parked and moved into the forest…

Photobucket

The field next door is separated by this snowy fence…

Photobucket

Yes, its dangerous all right, lol, I am going to avoid it.

Photobucket

Tiny bows of snow.

Photobucket

Foxes in the snow.

Photobucket

That’s the path I am taking.

Photobucket

The entire forest was quiet, very whispery quiet. Only the crunch of my shoes could be heard

Photobucket

The beginning of the pond.

Photobucket

The entire pond is frozen over. In two phases…

Photobucket

What?

Photobucket

The railing is also covered with snow.

Photobucket

I dont think I will be going for a dip

Photobucket

The branches on the pond are encased in ice and snow.

Photobucket

This is a barrier which is supporting the bank from falling into the pond.

Photobucket

The sky is leaden with clouds.

Photobucket

What’s that sign?

Photobucket

No fishing. Yes siree.

Photobucket

Keep on walking.

Photobucket

A shrub covered with snow.

Photobucket

Hmm, i think i can see my footprints

Photobucket

Top end of the pond.

Photobucket

Keep on walking

Photobucket

Now entering into another part of the wood.

Photobucket

A strange flat shaped branch.

Photobucket

Peek a boo

Photobucket

I was thinking how it will feel if I walked below the branch and poked it. Cold time, lol.

Photobucket

Wriggly snow worms.

Photobucket

A house emerges from the mist and snow.

Photobucket

I turn left

Photobucket

Virgin snow, its almost like I am the first person to traverse this ground.

Photobucket

I can see the other pond.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The old houses look so pretty with their snow covered roofs.

Photobucket

The pond

Photobucket

What are those specks on the left?

Photobucket

What the hell? What are these sea gulls doing on a frozen pond?

Photobucket

The pond side shrubs

Photobucket

I start walking back

Photobucket

Somebody chucked a stone in there, you can see the stars…

Photobucket

Looking back at the pond

Photobucket

Going back to the first pond, there is the railing which encircles it.

Photobucket

Cool, eh? a winter wonderland

Photobucket

blobs of snow

PhotobucketPhotobucket

I did crawl below a branch, lol. God, I am so childish, lol

Photobucket

And then came out and poked it.

Photobucket

Yellow snow. Foxes I presume…

Photobucket

The slush on the road is dirty dirty…

Photobucket

Tree branches drooping with the snow….

Photobucket

Elderly people walking around..

Photobucket

A warning about the pond. Not to throw things inside as it can cause harm to the birds and fishes

Photobucket

The ivy is also icy.

Photobucket

Peeking back at the pond.

Photobucket

There are two temples, an Ismaili mosque and centre first and then a Swami Narayan one after that. Then there is the hospital. lol. Drove off then.

Photobucket

Parked again at the Old Redding Lookout space and

Photobucket

It was so quiet.

Here is a panorama of how Old Redding Lookout view looks like. Cool eh?

No comments: