Wednesday, March 25, 2015

The Donkey Raffle

Jean Paul, moved to Texas and bought a donkey from an old farmer for $100. The farmer agreed to deliver the donkey the next day.
    The next day, the farmer drove up and said, "Sorry, but I have some bad news. The donkey died."
    "Well, then, just give me my money back."
    "Can't do that. I went and spent it already."
    "OK, then. Just unload the donkey."
    "What ya gonna do with him?"
    "I'm going to raffle him off."
    "You can't raffle off a dead donkey!"
    "Sure I can. Watch me. I just won't tell anybody he's dead."
    A month later the farmer met up with the Cajun and asked, "What happened with that dead donkey?"
    "I raffled him off. I sold 500 hundred tickets at two dollars apiece, and made a profit of $898."
    "Didn't anyone complain?"
    "Just the guy who won. So I gave him his two dollars back."

No comments: