Thursday, September 13, 2012

May 2012: Celebrating Tagore in London

Photobucket

Diya and I went off to London, it was a Daddy Daughter day and had a blast visiting book shops, and walking around in the rain and and and. Plus there was this Tagore celebrations. We couldn't stay long as it was pittering with rain and Diya was tired and I was carrying a giant bag of rare books that I didn't want to wet and and and, but here are some of the photographs.

I told Diya that we should look for little fairies under the bluebells. So we both crouched down and were peering at the undersides, trying to find the fairies. One helpful chap came up and asked, did you lose something? When I said, yes, we are looking for some fairies. He looked at me like I had lost my marbles. heh.

Photobucket

This lady read out a poem, very nice.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then we had some songs.

Photobucket

Here is the great man himself.

Photobucket

With people making strange hand gestures..

Photobucket

I SOO bored!

Photobucket

Man, that chap in the back really has an evil eye, eh?

Photobucket

It was lovely around the garden.

Photobucket

Then these two apsara’s came out.

Photobucket

On the wet ground, full of stones and stuff, with bare feet. they danced their hearts out!

Photobucket

Unlike this lady who wore stiletto heels!

Here are some of the photographs of the lovely lovely graceful apsaras. How extraordinary, I loved it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket   Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Somebody was very busy taping as well.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Beautiful indeed.

Some videos…

No comments: