Saturday, September 15, 2012

May 2012: My favourite book shop in London

This is my literally most favourite book shop in London. I found it last year and have been back here every month or so.

Photobucket

The building is very very attractive, Gothic in nature

Photobucket

All kinds of nooks and crannies.

Photobucket

With a copper sheath on the spire

Photobucket

Can you see the beautiful stonework?

Photobucket

On the corner of the Malet Street. With these lovely circular areas where you can sit and read

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Diya observing…

Photobucket

I was too small to reach up

Photobucket

And then I sat her down on one of these little alcoves where she read while I pottered in the rare and antiquarian shelves.

Photobucket

I love this part of the bookshop. Hardly anybody comes to the second floor on the left hand side where the rare and antiquarian books reside. And as soon as you walk in, you can smell the beautiful aroma of old books, silverfish, dust and yellowing paper. There are books on literature, history, geography, psychology, and and and

this is the lot which I bought. Happy reading…

No comments: